Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Tugs Tugs Tugs!

     Now I know that as I write this I’m only 21 years old and I would barely have no knowledge of what a Rave was if I was a 90’s kid but Raves were all the Rage back in the day and if my brother didn’t go to as many as he did in those years then I probably wouldn’t know as much about them as I did today.

     Now Raves are just a more exotic way of calling it a party yes there were different things but essentially it was a party a gigantic party in a tiny place. It was usually held in some club or if people were wild enough in some abandoned warehouse. Now we have Raves to thank for a bunch of cool things. First and foremost is the music stuff like Dubstep and House music most likely have their roots in Rave music or Trance music which for people in the 90’s was the equivalent of club music, we also have to thank ravers for things such as using lights in parties whether it was a blacklight which basically made things that were color white shine a nice violet highlight or if it was a strobe light that made everything look like it was moving in slow motion. My favourite contribution of raves though were the glowsticks which we still use up to today in parties back as a kid those things would keep me entertained for hours upon hours in the dark. Now if you had all these then you could throw yourself a rave.

     We actually owe the blue print to most of our parties to the 90’s by having raves the 90’s laid the groundwork for all of the intense parties that we have today.

Much love,
Vieo

Sources:
Raves, Retrieved October 4 from Imageshack.us, http://98.img.v4.skyrock.net/981/abrk/pics/907726924_small.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment